Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 9 Famous Last Words

(Image Information: A +. Source: cliparthut)
I was very proud of myself and my hard work in school this week. I got one of the highest grades in my capstone class. We all had to turn in a prospectus for our research topic on international ethics, morals, and virtue. I decided to write mine about the ethics of decolonization in French West Africa, with a focus specifically on Algeria. I was very excited about my grade because I actually did not do too well on my first assignment in that class. It is more of a discussion class, so when it comes to doing the papers, our professor does not have a lot of guidelines or anything to follow. The first time, I apparently did not do what he wanted, but it was because I did not know what he wanted. So this time, I took his comments into consideration and wrote this prospectus as if it was something he would be writing and researching. I clearly defined everything I planned to do and laid out a clear outline with a well-established bibliography and even told him where and how I was going to use each article or book!

In my personal life, I am actually not doing so well. I hurt my foot two weeks ago, and I was hoping it would just heal itself if I started wearing more supportive shoes. I was wrong. My whole body is actually in pain now from trying to accommodate for my hurt foot. The pain has spread up to my ankle and down to my toes. The bad thing is, I just became a manager, so I am doing a lot more physical labor at work, and it is putting a lot of stress on it. I really need to go to the doctor, but for some reason he decided he needed a vacation right in the middle of flu season? 

1 comment:

  1. Heather!
    I feel like me and you are in the same boat. I just told you in class the other day that I was suppose to be on bed rest and I am truly feeling the pain from me being so stubborn. But I hope that your foot gets to feeling better, if all else fails, you can always go to Goddard and they can take a look at it for you.

    ReplyDelete