Sunday, October 4, 2015

Week 6 Curation

I have been on a curation spree this week! So many options to talk about... so little time!!!

Pick 1) Ancient aliens
I always put on the history channel as a background sound while I'm working on homework. That way I feel like I'm learning while I'm actually learning. Anyways, this week, the history channel's episode of Ancient Aliens was discussing Dhanvantari. They discussed that he was a shape-shifter and often took the form of a bird. They were trying to compare Dhanvantari to the Egyptian half man/half bird god, Thoth. In both cases, they were said to bring medicine to the people on Earth. The next episode talked about Rama's Brahmastra being the modern day nuclear weapon.

Pick 2)
I found this image when I was trying to find a suitable photo for my storybook cover page. I thought it was very cute.
(Image Information: "India-Srilanka sea bridge from the 5,000 year old epic 'Ramayana'" Source: Ana's illustrations)
Pick 3) Types of Karma
I completely did not know that there were different types of Karma until I read this. It is a very interesting insight into something that we think we have a concept of already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment