Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Week 7 Reading Diary A: The Five Tall Sons of Pandu

This was a very different way of telling the story of the sons of Pandu. I enjoyed this version, however, because it was much more believable without all the magical aspects. I found the dispute between the cousins to be more realistic too. Instead of fighting each other with powers they seemed to be just like brothers fighting and trying to prove themselves to each other. I liked this reading, it was shorter than I anticipated, but I guess that's what you get when you take all the magic out of an epic.
(Image Information: Krishna and the pandavas. Source: Pinterest )

1 comment:

  1. I chose this version to read this week as well, and I agree with your sentiments. The story does feel much more believable than some of the other editions and found the human elements to be more intriguing. It was surprising to me as well that the story was so much shorter than before, but in my opinion, there was more quality than quantity. I hope you enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete