Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Week 9 Reading Diary B: Brook's Film "The Mahabharata"

I thought the crystal palace of the Pandavas was interesting. I would have liked to actually look at the palace and the scene, rather than Duryodhana telling us and staring at a crystal structure. I might write my storytelling post about what this would have actually been like. I guess it would have been a little bit harder to build a crystal palace for such a small section of the play.
I also thought that the gambling scene was very telling. Yudhishthira just kept coming back for more.
I think my favorite part of the film so far was the scene in which everyone dies from drinking the water. If some random godly voice was telling me not to drink, and I saw all of my siblings dead at the edge of the water, I would suspect there was a reason why they were telling me not to drink. I actually really liked the riddles that the lake asked, too.

(Image Information: the fate at the lake. Source: slideshare)

No comments:

Post a Comment